Watch this short clip on RT Prime Interest, discussing CFTC inaction (should start at 19:23). Transcript below.
RT Prime Interest
HFT is also prevalent in futures, and so in that regard, Bart Chilton, a commissioner of the CFTC, has said he wants to put a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval on every ...
- Charlie Rose Talks to CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton
- By Charlie Rose  |  @05-15-13
The Twitter crash on April 23 briefly erased $136 billion from the markets. What's your take on it?
It looked like we had trouble on our hands right away. Whenever you see market volatility acting so rapidly, our antennas go up big-time.
How did it happen?
I can't speak for the ...
- RPT-CME Group sparked shutdown of CFTC's academic research program
- By Sarah N. Lynch  |  @04-26-13
The world's largest futures exchange has accused the top U.S. derivatives regulator of illegally sharing sensitive market data with outside researchers who then used the information to publish academic papers about high-frequency trading.
A Dec. 14, 2012 letter from CME Group Inc prompted the Commodity Futures Trading Commission ...
- Open letter to the Chairman of the CME
- From Internet  |  @02-01-13
- January 28th, 2013
Dear Mr. Gill,
On January 22nd the CME sent out a survey regarding CME trading hours. One of the more
contentious issues in the survey is the subject of the CME being open during the releases of
grain reports from the USDA. Replies to this survey were to be ...
- CFTC sues broker for trying to manipulate wheat futures prices
- From Internet  |  @12-06-12
- (Reuters) — U.S. regulators on Tuesday sued a futures broker and two trading companies for attempting to manipulate wheat futures prices by electronically entering and immediately cancelling orders they did not intend to fill.
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission said Eric Moncada, who worked for BES Capital LLC and Serdika LLC ...
- MF Global collapse, one year on, still haunts futures industry
- By Ann Saphir  |  @11-29-12
Billy Hunt is a veteran Chicago trader who specializes in the riskiest type of options deals. Yet it's the supposedly safe money in his brokerage account that keeps him up at night.
A year after the collapse of MF Global cost him $1.9 million, Hunt has made a full ...
- CME Says No Plans to Shut Grains Floor Trading
- From Internet  |  @11-29-12
- The CME Group, the biggest operator of U.S. futures exchanges, has no plans to shut open-outcry trading pits but will not change new price settlement rules for grains despite a lawsuit by a group of traders, its CEO said on Wednesday.
"Their lawsuit has zero merit," Phupinder Gill, chief executive of ...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our