More News ...
- Crop-killing drought will cost you at the grocery store
- By TERRY SAVAGE  |  @07-23-12
While politicians are still wrangling over the twin deficit dangers of tax and spending cuts, an even more dangerous financial crisis is about to hit the economy: the food prices crisis.
The searing temperatures and drought in the heartland of America have already devastated the corn crop — and ...
- Sawtooth Trading Hits Coke, IBM, McDonald's, and Apple Shares
- By Paul Vigna and Tom Lauricella  |  @07-20-12
Call it the rise of the machines.
The markets have been erratic lately, for sure. But erratic trading patterns in four blue-chip stocks on Thursday showed a bizarre correlation, setting the market chateratti abuzz on an otherwise quiet summer afternoon.
Dow components Coca-Cola, IBM, McDonald's, as well ...
- Mapping the Internet: Undersea cables
- By Andrew Blum  |  @07-19-12
Data has a long way to travel across the World Wide Web. It needs a lot of help getting around.
FORTUNE -- If the Internet is a global phenomenon, it's because there are fiber-optic cables underneath the ocean. Light goes in on one shore and comes out the other, ...
- PROFILE-PFGBest chief: Prickly Iowa hero met stiff welcome in Chicago
- By Ann Saphir and P.J. Huffstutter  |  @07-13-12
(Reuters) - Russell Wasendorf Sr., the founder and CEO at failed futures brokerage PFGBest who now stands accused of a massive fraud, has a giant smile and a jeweled pinky ring, a private jet and a temper.
"You could have not sent me a more clear ...
- Meet the New Market Makers, Same as the Old Market Makers (‘Dark Pools’ Review)
- From Internet  |  @07-12-12
- 'Dark Pools' is a fun, intelligent, beach weekend read.
Apart from the obvious Wall Street / HFT focus, the book struck me as a cross between War Games, The Matrix, and Terminator: Rise of the Machines.
You immediately enter a world of high tech mayhem, with super-algos, blaster bots, and hunter-sniper cloaking ...
- UPDATE 3-Louis Dreyfus sued by trader over cotton squeeze
- From Internet  |  @07-12-12
- * Louis Dreyfus said to illegally corner cotton mkt in 2011
* Case filed by former senior trader at Glencore
* Dreyfus has no immediate comment
By Josephine Mason and Jonathan Stempel
NEW YORK, July 2 (Reuters) - Commodity trading giant Louis Dreyfus Commodities BV has been sued by a former senior trader at ...
- 6 Reasons Why Day-Trading Your 401k is a Recipe for Disaster
- BY Ken Sweet, Contributor   |  @07-10-12
Apparently it's now kosher to day-trade your retirement account, at least that is what The Los Angeles Times told investors on Monday.
I didn't know what to make of the story when I first read it – other than I wanted to hit my head repeatedly against ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our