More News ...
- CFTC scores 'milestone' win on oil-price manipulation
- From Internet  |  @04-23-12
- U.S. regulators' $14 million settlement with high-frequency trading firm Optiver over oil price manipulation in 2007 is a "milestone" victory in their toughening stance on market malfeasance which is being closely watched by traders.
In its first major case against an algorithmic trader and the biggest financial penalty involving manipulation in ...
- High-frequency traders 'are bad'
- By Pauline Skypala  |  @04-23-12
High-frequency traders and commodity speculators are bad for markets, according to Finance Watch, which is backing a proposed clampdown on such market participants across Europe under the revised version of the Mifid directive.
On this story
In a paper* due to be published this week, the Brussels-based public interest advocacy ...
- Plan to speed up transatlantic share trading
- By Philip Stafford in London  |  @04-20-12
Two telecom companies have claimed they will build the fastest trading connection between London and New York, a development that highlights growing demand from investors for high-speed trading between the world’s financial centres.
The link, which will cut about six milliseconds, or thousandths of a second, from ...
- Algorithmic Trading May Spur Volatility, Mispricing, Turner Says
- By Ben Moshinsky  |  @04-20-12
The rise of algorithmic trading may cause markets to be more volatile and securities to be mispriced, Adair Turner, chairman of the U.K.'s Financial Services Authority will tell a U.S. audience today.
Regulators should also question whether high-frequency trading "can possibly deliver significant positive social value" by pricing securities ...
- Regulators Contemplate Slamming the Brakes on High-Frequency Trading
- From Internet  |  @04-20-12
- It never was supposed to be this fast and furious.
When the first Wall Street traders hooked up their own personal
computers (most likely IBM PCs or early IBM clones from Compaq), the
machines were going to make things faster and easier -- more
efficient, in other words. But soon, affordable networking cards
attached the ...
- The CFTC HiGH FREQUENCY POLICE AND THE GO TO GUYS FOR ANSWERS
- From Internet  |  @04-20-12
- · Irene Aldridge of ABLE Alpha Trading, Ltd., HFT She wrote a book on it. Easy READ http://www.ablealpha.com/aa/
· Peter Buckley of Newedge USA, He is running this show: Newedge Plans High Frequency-Powered ...
- High-frequency trader Optiver pays $14 million in oil manipulation case
- By David Sheppard and Jonathan Stempel  |  @04-20-12
U.S. regulators claimed their first victory in a four-year old effort to crack down on oil market manipulation on Thursday, announcing a $14 million settlement with high-frequency trading firm Optiver.
In a ruling that came just two days after U.S. President Barack Obama proposed a renewed ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our