More News ...
- Chicago Merc: "Family Farmer and Rancher Protection Fund"
- From Internet  |  @04-11-12
- The Chicago Mercantile Exchange, CME, has announced that they have developed a $100 million fund called the 'Family Farmer and Rancher Protection Fund'. They say they will pay out up to $25,000 per participant "in the case of losses resulting from the future insolvency of a clearing member or other ...
- High-frequency trading is cuckoo
- By Alan Kohler  |  @04-10-12
In the Australian Stock Exchange's Sydney data room, which is about the size of a big lounge room, there are six "cuckoos". These are the banks of servers installed by high frequency traders.
They sit against the wall opposite the ASX servers and each is connected directly into the ...
- UNCTAD to participate in General Assembly debate on price volatility of commodities
- From Internet  |  @04-10-12
- Representing the Secretary-General of UNCTAD, Mr. Heiner Flassbeck, will offer substantive views on the role of financial investment in commodity markets, drawing on the organization's recent findings about the potentially price-distorting effects of speculative financial flows.?
UNCTAD has researched extensively the recent pronounced shifts in the prices of staple foods and ...
- Brokers, Dark Pools Drive Off-Exchange Growth, Says Tabb
- By REINHARDT KRAUSE  |  @04-10-12
Brokerages that execute internal trades and so called "dark pools" — off-exchange venues favored by institutional investors — are driving the explosion in U.S. stock trading away from exchanges, says Tabb Group.
In March, a record 37% of U.S. equities trading was executed away from the NYSE-Euronext (NYX), Nasdaq ...
- CME eyes London for European bridgehead
- By Jeremy Grant in London  |  @04-10-12
CME Group is considering opening a futures exchange in London as a way for the US operator of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange to expand in Europe.
The development is a sign that if the Chicago company does not win the bidding for the London Metal Exchange, it ...
- Traders Navigate a Murky New World
- By SCOTT PATTERSON and JENNY STRASBURG  |  @04-09-12
For a sense of how murky the financial markets can be these days, consider the case of Pipeline Trading Systems LLC.
Using software developed in part by Fidelity Investments a decade ago, Pipeline set out to provide a way to buy and sell stocks away from ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our