More News ...
- The HFT Revolution: 6 Reasons Why High Speed Trading Is Taking Over the Markets
- By Cris Sheridan  |  @03-28-12
Whether it's applying the basic rules of calculus to map the dynamic topology of :financial space: or by simply cutting down human costs, the inexorable rise of HFT towards market-wide dominance is a revolutionary trend that is changing the way we think about investing and how to best ...
- Advisory Committee on Agriculture Statistics to Meet on March 29-30
- From Internet  |  @03-28-12
- WASHINGTON, March 15, 2012–The annual meeting of the Advisory Committee on Agriculture Statistics will take place in Washington, D.C. on March 29-30, 2012. The meeting is open to the public and will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on March 29th, and 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 ...
- Options Market Makers Flock to ISE
- By Peter Chapman,  |  @03-27-12
The International Securities Exchange, in a bid to reverse an ongoing decline in its market share, is expanding the ranks of its market makers.
In the past seven months, ISE has signed up five new market makers and expects to add "a couple more," according to exchange executives. From ...
- Bats CEO blames code problem in IPO debacle
- By Bloomberg News in New York  |  @03-27-12
Software bug highlights concerns about electronic markets: Traders
The software error that derailed the initial public offering of Bats Global Markets Inc, where 11 percent of all US stock trading occurs, rattled investors concerned about the growing complexity of financial markets.
Joe Ratterman, the chief executive officer, ...
- Russia-Sized Mistakes Driving Corn Prices to Limit: Commodities
- By Whitney McFerron and Jeff Wilson  |  @03-27-12
The gap between traders' estimates of U.S. corn reserves, the world's second-biggest, and official figures have reached the size of Russia's annual consumption, increasing price swings at a time of near-record food costs.
Analysts and traders missed numbers reported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture by ...
- Better Markets Applauds CFTC for Selection of Joe Saluzzi for High-Frequency Trading Panel
- From Internet  |  @03-27-12
- Dennis Kelleher, president and CEO of Better Markets, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that promotes the public interest in financial reform, applauded the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for selecting Joe Saluzzi of Themis Trading as a reform voice to an advisory panel on high-frequency trading.
Mr. Kelleher praised the CFTC for convening ...
- System error: Calls for BATS to halt listings
- By MarketWatch,  |  @03-27-12
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — More than anything else, BATS Global Markets Inc.'s botched initial public offering Friday may be best remembered for popping a hole in the bubble of free and fair markets.
"Botched" doesn't even seem to be a strong enough word. Debacle? Disaster? Cataclysm?
More calls came Monday ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our